22 Aug 14. Scrolling through the choices of images for today's macro submission, I selected several from which Jan could choose and generally got the reply, 60s. This one at least got an O.K. so it is what you are getting. If you would have preferred the 60s style - meaning lots of bright color - you'll have to take it up with her. This is a shot of a type of water lily that is found in much of the shallow portions of nearby Buck Lake, where it comprises about 20% of the total water lily population, the other 80% being the typical pointy petaled white or pink variety. The more typical ones seem to be much more affected by the hot weather while these don't seem to be nearly as affected by the heat of summer. I find this variety to be more interesting to view as they remind me somewhat of a roulette wheel although I realize that is a bit of a stretch. The complexity of the flower makes me think that the design of it took a bit of work, as it is far more complicated than is the flower "interior" of most other blossoms. Shooting these lilies from inside a canoe is a lot of fun and can also be a little challenging when you have a couple of cherubs doing their "best" to sit still when there is sooooooooo much stuff to look at as well as reach out and try to touch. And even though it sometimes makes the photography a little bit more difficult, it is worth it to know that they are getting to see things that would other wise be unavailable to them while perhaps gaining an appreciation of the miracles of life. Setting the shutter to a much higher speed helps greatly in getting around the excitement and curiosity created movement. Nikon D300s; 18 - 200; Aperture Priority; ISO 400; 1/1250 sec @ f /13.