12 Sep 13. Today's theatrical Thursday offering is a creative playing with another dahlia, plus three insects this time, a bumblebee, a honeybee, and a fly whose name is escaping me at the moment, but one that pretends to be a bee. I tried something new this time, ran out of energy to do it properly, but guess that most folks won't notice where I cut corners. Feel welcome to point it out to me. To get this particular look, I duped the background layer and after selecting only the green background, saved a copy of the selection first and then applied a Gaussian blur to the background selection. After combining those layers, brought back the mask, and then inverted it to select just the flower. On that flower selection I applied a filter to simplify it, then erased the effect on the insects. Then I created another layer and applied an overall soft focus. I like the results some, and will utilize the approach again, but when I have more time to correct the one flaw in the image, which, is the most difficult part of creating what I did. Nikon D300s; 18 - 200; Aperture Priority; ISO 200; 1/1250 sec @ f/ 8 in some strong breeze.