21 Mar 14. The macro shot for today is of a daffodil that we purchased last week as a group of cut stems yet unopened. Bringing them home and placing them in water resulted in their fully opening in just over 30 hours. An absolutely amazing transformation! I had considered trying to shoot them sequentially as they went from straight skinny shafts to fully opened flowers, but it happened much too quickly. I wound up just playing with them after they had opened and did it as a table top exercise. This shot was taken on the oblique as you will observe from the areas that are in sharp focus. As you look at the flower you can see which parts were on the same plane by their relative sharpness; most obvious will be the tip of the stigma and the 3 o'clock portion of the trumpet. The original shot filled the frame just as you see it but I did fill in the top and bottom right hand corners with black to remove some slight distractions. I also added just a bit of micro contrast enhancement to show off some of the flowers texture. Nikon D300s; 105mm Macro; Aperture Priority; ISO 400;1/60 sec @ f /13 with fill flash.